Premium Gelatinized Black Maca Overview
Premium Gelatinized Black Maca Further Info
Our premium gelatinized black maca is made from light to dark gray Maca roots, which are the rarest of Maca root colors. Instead of being sundried, these plants are fresh processed immediately after harvest. This rapid processing leaves more glucosinolates in the final product. After drying these natural Peruvian Maca roots are “gelatinized.” Gelatinization is a process in which Maca is heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in Maca to irreversibly dissolve and the result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw Maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to Maca during the gelatinization process.
The advantages of using Gelatinized Maca are:
- Easier digestion when eating various foods because the starch is removed
- More concentrated nutrients - the absence of starch means that gram for gram, Gelatinized Maca is more concentrated than Raw Maca
The disadvantage of using Gelatinized Maca is:
- Loss of some nutrients including enzymes and Vitamin C due to the heat used in gelatinization
Is Gelatinized Maca right for you?
If you have a sensitive stomach or any other kind of digestive issue, then premium gelatinized black maca is the best choice for you. The reason is simple. While Raw Maca can cause temporary symptoms like bloating, gas, or upset stomach (in about 5% of people), high-quality Gelatinized Maca simply will not do so. Our customers report similar benefits from Gelatinized and Raw Maca powders, so if you are unsure, gelatinized maca root may be a better choice for you, as the nutrient loss that occurs during the cooking process is negligible.
Gelatinized Premium Black Maca:
- Comes from a modern approach to processing Maca developed in the past 25 years
- Is fresh Processed - Maca roots are dried in dehydrators immediately after harvest
- Has higher glucosinolate content - nutrients which may help prevent cancer
- Is much stronger tasting - has a more noticeable Maca flavor with more spiciness
- Is limited in supply since it must be produced from fresh roots during annual harvest (June-August)
- Costs more as the process is more labor and equipment intensive
Several research studies have shown that Black Maca has unique properties:
- A 2009 study in Peru found Black Maca to be the best for increasing sperm count and motility as well as for boosting male libido.
- A study from 2013 reported that Black Maca has a positive effect on spermatogenesis (the formation of sperm cells).
- A Swiss study from 2010 showed Black Maca to excel at protecting bone structure and preventing osteoporosis.
- 2 studies in 2006 and 2011 found Black Maca to be superior for increasing memory, concentration and learning skills.
- A UK study from 2011 found that Black Maca supported the most rapid muscle growth and endurance of all varieties of Maca. Read more here.
Based on this research and our experience with Black Maca we recommend it for the following benefits:
- Men wishing to increase their fertility / sperm count (we recommend Red Maca for female fertility)
- Men and women wishing to boost their libido naturally
- Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra energy, stamina, and strength
- Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
- All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density
- Those searching for a wholistic approach to improving their health
Our Gelatinized Premium Black Maca Root Powder is:
- Certified Organic
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally and harvested with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru, local to the Andes Mountains
- Fresh processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Black Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca powder
We sell Gelatinized Premium Black Maca Root Powder in 3 sizes (Servings based on 3 tsp or 9 g daily)
- 8 oz (25 servings – 75 tsp)
- 16 oz (50 servings – 150 tsp)
- 1 KG - 35 oz (111 servings – 333 tsp) - best value!
In Vegan Capsules (Serving based on 7 capsules daily)
- 750 mg each, 200 ct (28 servings)
Why choose us?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on Maca. Our only mission is to provide our customers with fresh, organic, high quality Maca products from Peru at fair prices. Because of our single-minded dedication, we are able to provide the best selection of high quality Maca products anywhere. We also take pride in expert, friendly customer service. When you shop with us and order our products, you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers like we want to be treated. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Enjoy the day!