A big thanks to Katie Wellness Mama for writing and sharing this recipe with us!
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut flakes (I use these from Tropical Traditions)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of Maca Powder (This is my favorite)
Whisk the egg whites with a dash (1/4 tsp) salt until stiff. Add honey, vanilla, coconut, melted coconut oil and Maca. Carefully fold into egg whites. Let the mixture rest in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the coconut can soak up the mixture. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Gently spoon in 1 tablespoon scoops on to parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes until just starting to brown.