A big thanks to Elena Wilkins of Vegalicous writing and sharing this recipe with us! Elena has a great blog and is truly an inspiration.
- ½-1 cup almond milk (if you would like a thicker drink, use ½-3/4 cup milk)
- 1.5 cup cooked butternut squash or pumpkin
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp black gelatinized maca powder (or any other maca of your choice)
- 4.5 tbsp liquid sweetener (honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 2.5 cups ice
Place all ingredients, except for ice, into a high speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Add ice and crush it on low speed. Garnish with dark chocolate, if desired. Enjoy!