A big thanks to Elena Wilkins of Vegalicous writing and sharing this recipe with us! Elena has a great blog and is truly an inspiration.
- ½-1 cup almond milk (if you would like a thicker drink, use ½-3/4 cup milk)
- 1.5 cup cooked butternut squash or pumpkin
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp black gelatinized maca powder (or any other maca of your choice)
- 4.5 tbsp liquid sweetener (honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 2.5 cups ice
Place all ingredients, except for ice, into a high speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Add ice and crush it on low speed. Garnish with dark chocolate, if desired. Enjoy!
We hope that you've enjoyed this recipe. Please see our main Maca Recipes page for more inspiration. And if you have a recipe of your own to share let us know.