Organic Gelatinized Sundried 3 Color Maca Chips 1 lb
Brand: The Maca Team
Weight: 16.70 Ounces
Shipping: Calculated at Checkout
Cost Per Day @ 3 Teaspons Daily: 50 cents
Gelatinized Sundried 3 Color Maca Root Chips, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, GMO-Free, Vegan and Raw 1 lb (454g)
1 lb = 50 Servings @ 3t (9g) daily.
Our Gelatinized 3 Color Maca Root Chips are carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. They come from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. The cooperative of farmers is committed both to organic farming and to producing only the highest quality Maca products. Gelatinized Yellow Maca is made from Yellow Maca roots, which make up about 60% off the annual harvest in Peru. These roots are pre-cooked to remove starch content and ease digestion. We call this blend “Heritage Harvest” because the 3 color blend is the way that people in the Andes have traditionally eaten Maca. Maca roots were not separated by color until the 1990s. With a blend of about 40% yellow, 30% Red and 30% Black Maca roots, Gelatinized Sundried Heritage Harvest Maca a great way to get benefits of all 3 colors at very good price.
- USDA Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Black, Red and Yellow Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca chips
- 1 lb foil lined, double sealed, food grade pouch contains 50 individual servings at 3 t (9g) each.
Our Maca Root Chips are the closest to whole Maca roots that can legally be exported from Peru. That’s because Maca is considered a “heritage product” of Peru and the Peruvian government does not allow whole roots to be exported to avoid them being planted in other countries. (Read more about why that’s important here)
Maca Root Chips are simply Maca roots cut into small chunks after being washed and dried. Our chips are pre-cooked (gelatinized) to ease digestion and to make them simpler to consume. Traditionally, dried Maca roots are boiled with water or milk and sugar to make a hearty porridge called Mazamorra. You can prepare Maca chips the same way or experiment with other ways of making them.
Preparation ideas for whole Maca root chips
- Simmer ½ cup of Macachips for about an hour and add to oatmeal or other warm breakfast cereal
- Simmer ½ cup of Maca chips for about an hour and add them to a smoothie
- Steep Maca chips in hot water for 10 minutes to make a tea – add sweetener as desired
- Try the traditional Mazamorra recipe – this makes for a hearty meal!
- 1 cup (130g) Maca chips
- 1 cup (130g) flour
- ¼ cup (32g) sugar
- 2 cups (250ml) milk
- Clove, cinnamon and/or anis to taste
- 4 cups (500 ml) water
- Preparation: Simmer the Maca chips in water along with spices until soft (about 1 hour), adding water if necessary. Add flour, sugar and milk and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy. Mazamorra may be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Best Used For:
Gelatinized Sundried Heritage Harvest Maca is the traditional blend of 3 Maca colors and a great way to get started with Maca. Since it requires less work to sort the roots by color, this Maca is less expensive than others. Yet, it contains Black, Red and Yellow Maca, thereby offering benefits of all three. We recommend it for:
- Men and women wanting to consume the traditional blend of Maca colors
- Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
- Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
- All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density
Please note that results may vary from person to person.
Maca keeps well for up to 24 months provided that it is stored in a sealed bag out of direct sunlight and at below 70% humidity. (More storage and use tips)
1-3 teaspoons mixed in water, juice or smoothies daily. (Complete serving guidelines).
We strive to offer the best deals possible on shipping and usually ship out USPS in North America. International orders ship out using USPS Global Priority Air Mail.
U.S .Delivery Times (est. 2-5 business days.)
All other countries – (est. 10-14 business days.)
You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order is shipped. (Complete shipping and return policy).
Save on Shipping when you order multiple products - shipping costs go up only slightly for each additional product Payment:
We accept the following payment methods:
- Major Credit Card – Visa/MC/Amex/Discover
- Debit Cards
- US Bank check and money order
Enjoy the day!
I didn't know what to expect with the chips, but was very pleasantly surprised. I enjoy chewing them up and the taste is actually very palatable. Feel an increase of energy and hunger pangs gone.
Instead of chewing tobacco I use this. Swallowing the juice is preferable Instead of chocolate, I chew on this
Maca is classified as a food and is considered safe. There are no known contraindications to taking Maca, but we recommend that people taking high blood pressure medications check with their health care provider as Maca may help to lower blood pressure. Also, anyone sensitive to Iodine should know that Maca naturally contains Iodine. Any statements regarding potential health benefits from taking Maca that appear on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Maca is rich in amino acids, phytonutrients, fatty acids, vitamin and minerals. According to nutritional research published on NutritionData.com, Maca contains: • 59% carbohydrates • 10.2% protein • 8.5% fiber • 18 Essential Amino Acids • 20 Free Fatty Acids • Vitamins: B1, B2, C and Niacin • Minerals: Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron and Iodine • 5 Sterols • Glucisonolates • 4 Macamides and Macamenes, polyunsaturated acids unique to Maca