Organic Raw Premium Red Maca Powder 8 oz
Brand: The Maca Team
Weight: 8.50 Ounces
Shipping: Calculated at Checkout
Cost Per Day @ 3 Teaspons Daily: 67 cents
Raw Premium Red Maca Root Powder, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, GMO-Free, Vegan and Raw 8 oz (227g)
8 oz = 25 Servings @ 3t (9g) daily
Our Raw Premium Red Maca Root Powder is carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. It comes from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. The cooperative of farmers is committed both to organic farming and to producing the highest quality Maca products available anywhere. We're very happy to support their work.
- USDA Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Never heated above 105F / 40C
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Fresh processed and packaged immediately
- 100% Raw and Vegan
- Made from 100% Red Maca roots
- 8 oz double lined sealed foil pouch contains 25 individual servings at 3 t (9g) each.
Our Raw Premium Red Maca is made from 100% Red Maca roots. What makes this Maca “premium” is the way in which it is processed. Instead of being sundried, Maca roots are fresh processed immediately after harvest. After coming out of the ground they are cleaned in a citrus solution, ground into a pulp and low temperature dried. This special processing leaves more glucosinolates in the final product. The level of glucosinolates is standardized at above 1% in our Raw Premium Red Maca. This type of Maca:
- Comes from a modern approach to processing Maca developed in the past 25 years
- Is fresh Processed - Maca roots are dried in dehydrators immediately after harvest
- Is never heated over 105F / 40C
- Has higher glucosinolate content - nutrients which may help prevent cancer
- Is much stronger tasting - has a more noticeable Maca flavor with more spiciness
- Is limited in supply since it must be produced from fresh roots during annual harvest (June-August)
- Costs more as the process is more labor and equipment intensive
- Is the most complete and potent all-around Maca available
Best Used For:
Red Maca powder has been shown, under phytonutrient analysis, to be higher in certain compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity. We recommend it:
- For men looking to use Maca for prostate support
- For women's fertility and libido (We recommend Black Maca for male fertility)
- For bone density - most important for women and children
- For everyone wanting to experience the highest antioxidant and nutrient levels of all Maca powders
- For everyone just starting with Maca (including children) due to the sweeter, more pleasant taste
Please note that results may vary from person to person.
Maca keeps well for up to 24 months provided that it is stored in a sealed bag out of direct sunlight and at below 70% humidity. (More storage and use tips)
1-3 teaspoons mixed in water, juice or smoothies daily. (Complete serving guidelines)
We strive to offer the best deals possible on shipping and usually ship out USPS in North America. International orders ship out using USPS Global Priority Air Mail.
U.S .Delivery Times (est. 2-5 business days.)
All other countries – (est. 10-14 business days.)
You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order is shipped out - usually within 1 business day. (Complete shipping and return policy).
Save on Shipping when you order multiple products - shipping costs go up only slightly for each additional product.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Major Credit Card – Visa/MC/Amex/Discover
- Debit Cards
- US Bank check and money order
Enjoy the day!
Since taking this Red Maca every morning I feel more vibrant and in a good mood, wonderful fresh product. Also help with growth of hair and acne. Great prompt service.
I have been consuming different forms of maca for over 15 years from just about every popular brand name company out there and can say without a doubt this is the best so far. I don't hesitate to go straight for the taste test of the powder itself with only water to wash it down to see the full flavor profile...that way I can really experience whether or not it has that spicy earthy kick which is a tell sign of its potency / quality / nutritional makeup and density. This maca make me feel as though I have been getting ripped off for 15 years and should have been ordering from the Maca Team. Yes, I will be purchasing Black and Red Premium maca from this company as long as its available...one of my favorites things is to make a few warm cups a matcha tea and mix it together. Thanks for the goods!
Maca is classified as a food and is considered safe. There are no known contraindications to taking Maca, but we recommend that people taking high blood pressure medications check with their health care provider as Maca may help to lower blood pressure. Also, anyone sensitive to Iodine should know that Maca naturally contains Iodine. Any statements regarding potential health benefits from taking Maca that appear on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Maca is rich in amino acids, phytonutrients, fatty acids, vitamin and minerals. According to nutritional research published on NutritionData.com, Maca contains: • 59% carbohydrates • 10.2% protein • 8.5% fiber • 18 Essential Amino Acids • 20 Free Fatty Acids • Vitamins: B1, B2, C and Niacin • Minerals: Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron and Iodine • 5 Sterols • Glucisonolates • 4 Macamides and Macamenes, polyunsaturated acids unique to Maca