Picture this; it’s a cool Sunday morning, you’ve just woken up and you’re craving something comforting to sip on peacefully and set your intentions for the day. Coffee is the obvious choice and herbal tea isn’t hearty enough. But you want something different, soothing, nutritious and delicious! You want something that gives you enough caffeine and energy to wake you up, but doesn’t give way to a midday crash. We know what you want. You want a Maca Matcha Latte!
We know matcha powder has incredible benefits such as fighting inflammation and boosting collagen production, now imagine the advantages of mixing this green powder with our gelatinized red maca powder! Oh, why gelatinized red maca powder you ask? This type of maca aids in digestion and contains more concentrated nutrients. Not to mention the sweet flavor nicely complements the vegetal notes of the matcha powder. These are truly two wonderful superfoods that when combined make up a powerful and nourishing drink. Now, let’s get into this recipe!
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant based milk of choice
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp gelatinized red maca powder
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of pink salt (optional)
- Warm up water and milk in a small pot
- Melt matcha powder with a little boiling water and whisk it together
- Once water and milk is at desired temperature, add the matcha
- Add in gelatinized red maca powder, salt and honey to the mixture and beat very well
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!