Maca Root for Curves and Buttocks Growth
Question: “I keep hearing about the about the “maca root buttocks.” Is it really true that taking maca root can make your butt bigger?” – Jeanie
Over the past several years we've received 100's of questions similar to the one above. It seems that every few months someone publishes a post or video showing curvy results achieved in part by regularly taking high quality maca powder. Unfortunately, there’s a good amount of hype and confusion over the real answer to what we now call the “maca butt” question. As a leading supplier of maca root products, here’s what we’ve learned about the truth, and the myths, in answer to Jeanie’s question. Are you on your own quest to enhance your curves, possibly by using maca? Read on to learn the best way to use maca root for curves, hips, and buttocks growth.
- Can Taking Maca Really Help with Buttocks Growth?
- How Maca Works To Support Healthy Muscle Growth
- Here's Some Real Life Examples From Customers Thrilled With Their Success
- How To Use Maca To Make Your Buttocks Bigger
- Which Maca Is Best For Buttocks Growth And Curves?
- P.S. Not Just For Females
The simple answer to this question is “yes, taking a regular dose of maca root can help grow a bigger butt so long as you combine it with appropriate exercise.” We’ve heard feedback from several of our customers, including several natural bodybuilders, that maca root has indeed helped create more curves. Could it be that all of the gains are due to exercise and not maca? It’s certainly possible, but maca can absolutely help and here’s why.
The first thing you should understand about maca is that it is a food and not a supplement. When you take pure, certified organic maca powder, you are eating a food that has been cultivated and used by people living high in the Andes mountains for over 2000 years. They have used it for health reasons without side effects to naturally boost their energy, improve their fertility and increase their stamina while living in the extreme conditions of very high altitudes (12,000 feet and above).
Maca is a nutritional powerhouse and provides a high level of nutrients. It is also an adaptogenic food that supports optimal hormone balance and vitality for anyone who enjoys it.
In terms of getting “maca buttocks” from this superfood, here’s what you need to know:
- Maca powder is low in calories and fat. A daily serving of 3 teaspoons contains just 35 calories and 1 gram of fat. That means that maca will not add fat to your body.
- A daily serving of maca contains 4 grams of bio available protein. This 100% natural vegetable protein is easy for the body to digest and assimilate and is one reason it is often found in natural bodybuilding supplements.
- Maca is well known to be a natural “anabolic.” Anabolic foods contain compounds that are helpful in building muscle fiber. Of course, it only works if you actually exercise the muscles you want to build. If you do that, maca supports their healthy growth.
Since the butt contains the largest muscles in the body (the gluteus maximus), it follows that a consciously designed exercise program combined with maca root will help you gain a bigger butt.
One of the many benefits of Maca is that it helps balance hormones. That means that it supports a healthy level of estrogen, which is clearly related to enhancing female curves.
Early in 2021, Dana Marie (@knockoutdmarie), a MMA/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and fitness enthusiast reached out to us with the following email.
“My name is Dana Marie, and after weeks of using Maca. I can’t even begin to tell my story without a smile on my face- and on others!!!!!! I'm a MMA/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, + fitness enthusiast, 24 Years old, with the ultimate goal of obtaining Full/Round/Perky Glutes. Which has absolutely happened while sticking to a my diet including Maca. I could RAVE FOR HOURS, I am obsessed and these results are ABSOLUTELY insane. I include Premium Black Maca Powder, Capsules + Extract in my everyday routine. Along with working out and my diet, I’m convinced the results show for themself how incredible Maca works.”
She also sent us this photo, showing her post maca results (on the right):
Obviously, she's super happy and excited with the results that she has achieved. From her feedback and that of many others we are certainly convinced that maca indeed can play an important role in supporting "curves." That said, keep in mind that Dana also writes that she uses it in combination with healthy exercise.
Another customer recently wrote us the following:
"The red Maca taste very beety but inside a smoothie that consists of banana, cocoa powder, and almond milk, DELICIOUS. And maca gives me better curve definition around my hip area.. Overall great product and worth it." - Ana
If you’re serious about using maca root for curves, you’re going to have to work some at it. There is no magic potion, including maca. The great thing is that maca will help you feel like putting in the work. That’s because one of the main benefits of taking it is a boost in energy and vitality.
With increased energy, mood, and balanced hormones on your side, reaching your goals will be hard work—it just might not feel so hard.
Here’s how to use Maca for buttocks:
- Make sure to take a high quality, fresh and certified organic Maca powder. The best way to take it is on an empty stomach mixed in with water alone – this helps it to assimilate quickly and fully into the body.
- If you have any digestive sensitivity we recommend Gelatinized Maca over Raw Maca.
- Take enough Maca to make it worth your while. On resting days we recommend 1-2 teaspoons for most people and on exercise days we recommend 2-4 teaspoons. See our complete maca dosage guide.
- Combine your Maca intake with exercise focused on the buttocks including: hill walking, squats, leg curls and leg lifts.
- Expect to start seeing results within 4 weeks from starting your program
Maca grows in a variety of colors ranging from white to dary gray/black. Each color has a slightly different nutrient profile and use. (The colors, it’s important to note, are on the skin of the maca, which means the powders themselves will all have a similar cream color.)
To achieve your goal of more curves we recommend either red maca or black maca. Both of them have shown very positive results in terms of muscle building effects, with Black Maca being a bit more effective. Find out which Maca is best for you here.
While it would be easy to think that this benefit of Maca is exclusively relevant to women, that's not the case. We have a few male bodybuilders who have shared their positive stories of using maca in their workouts for glute growth. Here is one recent one:
"Been taking black maca since Christmas 2020 daily with work outs my butt has increased amazingly I gained weight from 162 lbs to 195 just as I wanted. Great energy" - John Dodge
We hope this article has helped. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.
We wish you all the best in pursuit of the “Maca root buttocks!”
Enjoy the day!