Raw Red Maca - Sundried
Our Raw Sundried Red Maca...
is made from 100% light red to deep colored Maca roots. Red Maca accounts for just about 25% of the annual Maca harvest and has long been prized in the high Andes. Traditionally, Red Maca roots were not separated from yellow and black Maca roots and all root colors were eaten together. But once it became clear that Red Maca has some specific properties in the 1990s, producers began offering it separate from the other Maca colors.
Red Maca has been found to have several differences to other colors of Maca:
- Red Maca powder has been shown, under phytonutrient analysis, to be higher in certain compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity.
- It has also been shown among all Macas to contain somewhat higher levels of other pythonutrients including alkaloids, tannins, saponis and steroids.
- Another significant difference of Red Maca and Yellow and Black Macas is the taste. Most people find the taste to be sweeter, gentler and milder
- A study on Red Maca was published in the Journal Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2005; 3:5. In it 8 medical researchers report that over the course of 42 days: “Red Maca but neither Yellow nor Black Maca reduced significantly ventral prostate size in rats“
- In 2010 researchers from the Universidad Peruana, Lima published a study on the effects of Maca on bone structure in rats that had had their ovaries removed. The study concluded that both Red and Black Maca supported bone strength and density among the test subjects. Read more on Red Maca here.
Based on this research and our experience we recommend Red Maca for:
- For men looking to use Maca for prostate support
- For women's fertility and libido (We recommend Black Maca for male fertility)
- For bone density - most important for women and children
- For everyone wanting to experience the highest antioxidant and nutrient levels of all Maca powders
- For anyone interested in a sweeter tasting Maca
Our Raw Sundried Red Maca root powder is:
- Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Never heated over 105F / 40C
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- 100% Raw and Vegan
- Made from 100% Red Maca roots
We sell Raw Sundried Red Maca root powder in 3 sizes (Servings based on 3 tsp or 9 g daily)
- 8 oz (25 servings – 75 tsp)
- 16 oz (50 servings – 150 tsp)
- 1 KG - 35 oz (111 servings – 333 tsp) - best value!
In Vegan Capsules (Serving based on 7 capsules daily)
- 750 mg each, 200 ct (28 servings)
And in glycerine based liquid extracts (Serving based on ¼ tsp or 2 droppers full)
- 2 fl oz (59ml) (48 servings)
Why choose us?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on Maca. Our only mission is to provide our customers with fresh, organic, high quality Maca products from Peru at fair prices. Because of our single-minded dedication, we are able to provide the best selection of high quality Maca products anywhere. We also take pride in expert, friendly customer service. When you order with us you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers like we want to be treated. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Enjoy the day!
Compare all our Maca products here.