Gelatinized Black Maca Overview
Gelatinized Black Maca Further Info
Our gelatinized black maca is made from 100% Black Maca roots. After these roots are harvested, they are dried in the mountain sun for 10-40 days and then “gelatinized.” Gelatinization is a process in which Maca is heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in Maca irreversibly dissolve. The result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw Maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to Maca during the gelatinization process.
The advantages of using Sundried Organic Gelatinized Black Maca are:
- Easier digestion - because the starch is removed
- More concentrated nutrients - the absence of starch means that gram for gram, Gelatinized Maca is more concentrated than Raw Maca
The disadvantage of using Gelatinized Black Maca is:
- Loss of some nutrients including enzymes and Vitamin C due to the heat used in gelatinization
Is Gelatinized Maca right for you?
If you have a sensitive stomach or any other issue with digestion, then Gelatinized Black Maca powder or capsules are the best choice for you. The reason is simple. While Raw Maca can cause temporary symptoms like bloating, gas or upset stomach (in about 5% of people), Gelatinized Maca will not do so. Our customers report similar benefits from Gelatinized and Raw Maca powders and capsules, so if you are unsure, Organic Gelatinized Black Maca may be a better choice for you.
Several research studies have shown that Black Maca has unique properties:
- A 2009 study in Peru found Black Maca to be the best for increasing sperm count and motility as well as for boosting male libido.
- A study from 2013 reported that Black Maca has a positive effect on spermatogenesis (the formation of sperm cells).
- A Swiss study from 2010 showed Black Maca to excel at protecting bone structure and preventing osteoporosis.
- 2 studies from China in 2006 and 2011 found Black Maca to be superior for increasing memory, concentration and learning skills.
- A UK study from 2011 found that Black Maca supported the most rapid muscle growth and endurance of all varieties of Maca.
Based on this research and our experience with Black Maca, we recommend it for:
- Men wishing to increase their fertility (we recommend Red Maca for female fertility)
- Men and women wishing to boost their libido
- Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
- Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
- All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density
Our Gelatinized Black Maca Root Powder and Capsules are:
- Certified Organic
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land and harvested near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Black Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca powder
We sell Gelatinized Black Maca Root Powder in 3 sizes (Servings based on 3 tsp or 9 g daily)
- 8 oz (25 servings – 75 tsp)
- 16 oz (50 servings – 150 tsp)
- 1 KG - 35 oz (111 servings – 333 tsp) - best value!
Gelatinized Black Maca Capsules (Serving based on 7 capsules daily)
- 750 mg each, 200 ct (28 servings)
Why choose The Maca Team?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on Maca. Our only mission is to provide our customers with fresh, organic, high quality Maca products from Peru at fair prices. Our single-minded dedication, allows us to provide the best selection of high quality and fresh harvested Maca products anywhere. We also take pride in our expert and friendly customer service. When you order with us you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers how we want to be treated. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Enjoy the day!