Gelatinized Tri-Color Maca Overview
Gelatinized Tri-Color Maca Further Info
Our gelatinized tri-color maca products are made from about 40% yellow, 30% red and 30% black maca roots. We call it “Heritage Harvest” because the 3-color triple blend is the way that people in the Andes have traditionally eaten Maca. After select Maca roots are harvested, they are dried in the mountain sun for 10-40 days and then “gelatinized.” Gelatinization is a process in which Maca is
heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in Maca to irreversibly dissolve and the result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw Maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to Maca during the gelatinization process.
The advantages of using our gelatinized maca are:
- Easier digestion - because the starch is removed
- More concentrated nutrients - the absence of starch means that gram for gram, Gelatinized Maca is more concentrated than Raw Maca
The disadvantage of using our gelatinized maca is:
- Loss of some nutrients including enzymes and Vitamin C due to the heat used in gelatinization
Is Gelatinized Maca right for you?
If you have a sensitive stomach or any other issue with digestion, then Gelatinized Maca is the best choice for you. The reason is simple. While Raw Maca can cause temporary symptoms like bloating, gas or upset stomach (in about 5% of people), Gelatinized Maca simply will not do so. Our customers report similar benefits from Gelatinized and Raw Maca powders, so if you are unsure, Gelatinized Maca may be a better choice for you.
Several research studies about this type of gelatinized tri-color maca have found that:
- Maca stimulates improved athletic performance, including stamina and strength
- Maca supports concentration, memory and overall brain function
- Maca is nutrient dense with 60% carbohydrates, 12 crucial minerals, 10 vitamins, over 40 fatty and amino acids and 4 unique glucosinolates – a true superfood.
- Maca has been used for over 2,000 years as a nutritionally dense superfood to promote endurance, vitality, fertility and libido in populations living at very high elevations.
Based on this research and our experience we recommend gelatinized tri-color maca for:
- Men and women wanting to consume the traditional triple blend of Maca powder colors
- Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
- Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
- All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density
Our gelatinized tri-color maca is:
- Certified Organic triple maca powder blend from Peru
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- 100% Vegan
- Made from 100% Black, Red and Yellow Maca Roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca powder
We sell Gelatinized Tri-Color Maca Root Powder in 3 sizes (Servings based on 3 tsp or 9 g daily)
- 8 oz (25 servings – 75 tsp)
- 16 oz (50 servings – 150 tsp)
- 1 KG - 35 oz (111 servings – 333 tsp) - best value!
In Vegan Capsules (Serving based on 7 capsules daily)
- 750 mg each, 200 ct (28 servings)
Why choose us?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on Maca. Our only mission is to provide our customers with fresh, high quality, organic, non-Gmo Maca products from Peru at fair prices. Because of our single-minded dedication, we are able to provide the best selection of high quality Maca products anywhere. We also take pride in expert, friendly customer service. When you order with us you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers like we want to be treated. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Enjoy the day!