Maca Capsules Additional Information
Maca Capsules from THE MACA TEAM:
- Contain only our Certified Organic, GMO-Free, Fair Trade Maca Powders
- Are made from 100% Vegan materials
- Contain 750 mg per capsule
- First, we are able to offer you ALL of our great Maca products in capsule form. Most companies just have their "maca pills" in one or 2 varieties.
- Second, we are able to ensure that your Maca capsules are the freshest anywhere. Because we fill our capsules ourselves we don't keep huge amounts of stock. The capsules you receive will have been filled with powder less than 2 weeks before they are delivered to you. Other companies' stock often sits around in warehouses for long periods of time - up to 2 years, in fact.
- Third, we are able to keep our prices very competetive, which means you save on great quality Maca capsules.
What Are Maca Capsules?
Traditionally, in the high-altitude Andes, maca roots are consumed whole (after being cooked). Outside of Peru, maca is most commonly eaten in powder form. But maca capsules are a close second in terms of typical ways people put maca products into their diet.
At the most basic level, maca capsules are simply capsules filled with maca root powder. At least that’s what they should be. Some companies use other ingredients including fillers, flow agents and other chemicals when filling their capsules. This is because maca powder is particularly hydrostatic and can easily gunk up encapsulation equipment if not properly stored and handled.
At The Maca Team, all of our maca capsules contain only 100% pure maca powder. In addition, the capsules we use are made from vegetable cellulose, are environmentally friendly and suitable for vegans.
How Are Maca Capsules Different from Maca Pills?
However, the term “maca pills” is also used by many companies to refer to maca tablets, which contain maca powder along with several other ingredients that are pressed into a small round tablet form. These types of maca pills are often less potent and harder to swallow than regular maca capsules. They also tend to be more expensive. Because maca tablets are less efficient in delivering the benefits of maca root, we recommend choosing maca capsules instead.
Are Maca Capsules Safe?
The concerns with taking maca in capsule form are easy to overcome for most people:
- Digestive issues - Raw maca capsules can cause temporary stomach upset in people with sensitive digestion. That’s because of the starch content contained in raw maca. If that is a potential issue for you, we recommend choosing gelatinized maca capsules instead.
- Capsule size – some maca capsules are larger than others. The largest in size can be difficult to swallow for some people. Make sure that you take maca capsules slowly and with a good amount of water or other liquid.
- Iodine content – maca does contain iodine. If you have an allergy to iodine, please make sure to consult with your doctor before starting to take maca capsules of any kind.
- Blood pressure – maca capsules can support healthy circulation and lower blood pressure. If you take them, make sure to monitor your pressure regularly and consult with your physician for further advice as needed.
Are Organic Maca Capsules as Effective as Maca Powder?
Our maca capsules all contain 750mg (1/4 tsp.) of maca powder. The typical recommended serving size of maca powder is 3-9 g daily. That would equal 4-12 capsules.
Taking the same or similar amounts, you should expect that maca capsules work as well as maca powders.
There are several advantages to taking high-quality Maca capsules (aka Maca pills) as opposed to Maca powders. First, it's easier to obtain a precise daily dosage when you use natural Maca tablets. Second, maca root capsules are very convenient to travel with and work well for busy people in general. Third, taking Maca capsules is an excellent way to disguise the taste of Maca. This allows people who don't enjoy the taste to still get the benefits of taking 100% pure Maca powder.
Many of our customers enjoy both the powders and capsules. While these customers are still using the powders, they also find that our encapsulated Maca is especially useful when traveling, for use at the office and to take on the go.
What Are The Benefits of Maca In Capsules?
- Hormonal Balance: One of the most touted benefits of maca is its potential to support hormonal balance. Studies suggest that maca may help regulate hormone levels, particularly in women, by influencing the endocrine system.
- Energy and Stamina: Maca is renowned for its ability to boost energy levels and stamina. Athletes and fitness enthusiasts often turn to maca as a natural supplement to enhance physical performance and endurance.
- Sexual Health: Maca has a long-standing reputation as an aphrodisiac and fertility enhancer. Research indicates that maca may have positive effects on sexual function, libido, and reproductive health in both men and women.
- Mood and Mental Well-being: Preliminary studies suggest that maca may have adaptogenic properties, helping the body adapt to stress and promoting a sense of well-being. It may also have positive effects on mood and cognitive function.
See also maca benefits.
Which Maca Capsules Are Best?
- They contain only 100% pure maca powder and no other ingredients.
- Your maca capsules are filled with maca powder grown in Peru
- That the maca powder is certified organic and traditionally produced
- That your maca capsules come in a sealed dark container to protect them from oxygen and light
To find out which maca capsules are best for you, visit our “maca finder” page