Gelatinized Yellow Maca Overview
Gelatinized Yellow Maca Further Info
Our gelatinized yellow maca products are made from 100% organic, Yellow Maca roots. After these roots are harvested, they are dried in the mountain sun for 10-40 days and then “gelatinized.” Gelatinization is a process in which Maca is heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in Maca to irreversibly dissolve. and the result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw Maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to Maca during the gelatinization process.
The advantages of using Gelatinized Yellow Maca are:
- Easier digestion - because the starch is far lower than that of raw maca
- More concentrated nutrients - the absence of starch means that gram for gram, Gelatinized Maca is more concentrated than Raw Maca.
The disadvantage of using Gelatinized Maca is:
- Loss of some nutrients including enzymes and Vitamin C due to the heat used in the gelatinization process.
Is Gelatinized Yellow Maca right for you?
If you have a sensitive stomach or any other issue with digestion, then this Gelatinized Yellow Maca is the best choice for you. The reason is simple. While Raw Maca has been known to cause temporary symptoms like bloating, gas or upset stomach (in about 5% of people), Gelatinized Maca simply will not do so. Our customers report similar benefits from Gelatinized and Raw Maca powders, so if you are unsure, Gelatinized Maca may be a better choice for you.
About Yellow Maca Powder
Lots of people have questions about the benefits of Maca, and to date hundreds of studies, have found Yellow Maca powder to be useful for energy building, fertily, hormone balance, mental focus and more (all of which are available publicly in the Pubmed database). Yellow Maca is indeed a nutritional powerhouse, containing nearly all essential amino acids and free fatty acids, significant levels of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, and C, minerals iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium, a high concentration of bio-available protein and nutrients unique to Maca called macaenes and macamides. Maca is also an "adaptogen," or rare form of plant that is thought to raise the overall life force energy of those who consume it.
Information about Gelatinized Yellow Maca Powder:
- Is nutrient dense with 60% carbohydrates, 12 crucial minerals, 10 vitamins, over 40 fatty and amino acids and 4 unique glucosinolates – a true superfood. Full nutrition facts here.
- Has been used for over 2000 years as a nutritionally dense food to promote endurance, vitality, fertility and libido in populations living at very high elevations.
- Is grown in the Andes at elevations above 14000 feet and in extreme cold, wind and sunlight, Maca is the world’s highest growing crop
- Is the most common Maca it is also less expensive.
Our Gelatinized Yellow Maca Root Powder is:
- Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Yellow Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca powder
We sell Gelatinized Yellow Maca Root Powder in 3 sizes: (Servings based on 3 tsp or 9 g daily)
- 8 oz (25 servings – 75 tsp)
- 16 oz (50 servings – 150 tsp)
- 1 KG - 35 oz (111 servings – 333 tsp) - best value!
In Vegan Capsules (Serving based on 7 capsules daily)
- 750 mg each, 200 ct (28 servings)
Why choose us?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on educating people on Maca root and Maca related products. Our only mission is to provide our customers with fresh, organic, high quality Maca products from Peru at fair prices. Because of our single-minded dedication, we are able to provide the best selection of high quality Maca products anywhere in person or on the internet. We also take pride in expert, friendly customer service. When you order with us you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers like we want to be treated. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Enjoy the day!