Gelatinized Yellow Maca
Gelatinized Yellow Maca Additional Information
Our gelatinized yellow maca products are made from 100% certified organic Peruvian grown yellow maca roots. After these roots are harvested, they are dried in the mountain sun for 10-40 days and then “gelatinized.” Gelatinization is a specialized process in which maca is heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in maca to irreversibly dissolve. and the result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to maca during the gelatinization process and it remains entirely suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
The advantages of using gelatinized yellow maca are:
- Easier digestion - because the starch is far lower than that of raw maca
- More concentrated nutrients - the absence of starch means that gram for gram, gelatinized maca is more concentrated than raw maca.
The disadvantage of using gelatinized maca is:
- Loss of some nutrients including enzymes and Vitamin C due to the heat used in the gelatinization process.
Is gelatinized yellow maca right for you?
If you have a sensitive stomach or any other issue with digestion, then gelatinized yellow maca is a better choice for you than raw yellow maca. The reason is simple. While raw maca has been known to cause temporary symptoms like bloating, gas or upset stomach (in about 5% of people), gelatinized maca simply will not do so. Our customers report similar benefits from gelatinized and raw maca products, so if you are unsure or are new to maca, gelatinized may be a better choice for you.
About yellow maca root in general
Yellow maca roots are the most common of the three major colors of maca. In fact, they make up between 55 and 65% of each harvest. Because it is more common it has been the most used and the most researched of the three major maca colors. To date hundreds of studies have found yellow maca to be useful for energy building, fertility, hormone balance, mental focus and more (all of which are available publicly in the Pubmed database). Yellow maca is indeed a nutritional powerhouse, containing nearly all essential amino acids and free fatty acids, significant levels of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, and C, minerals iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium, a high concentration of bio-available protein and nutrients unique to maca called macaenes and macamides. Maca is also an "adaptogen," or rare form of plant that is thought to raise the overall life force energy of those who consume it.
Gelatinized yellow maca…
- Is nutrient dense with 60% carbohydrates, 12 crucial minerals, 10 vitamins, over 40 fatty and amino acids and 4 unique glucosinolates – a true superfood. Full nutrition facts here.
- Has been used for over 2000 years as a nutritionally dense food to promote endurance, vitality, fertility and libido in populations living at very high elevations.
- Is grown in the Andes at elevations above 14000 feet and in extreme cold, wind and sunlight, maca is the world’s highest growing crop
- Is the most common maca and is also less expensive than black and red maca products.
Our gelatinized yellow maca products are:
- Certified Organic
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Yellow Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca powder
Gelatinized yellow maca root powder (3 sizes)
Powders are the most economical way to consume maca. Our gelatinized yellow maca root powder is ground into an extremely fine powder that is easy to add to a smoothie or other recipe. The taste can be described as “malty” or “caramel-like.”
Gelatinized yellow maca capsules
As with all of our capsules, these are 100% vegan and contain nothing but our gelatinized yellow maca powder. We control their production so we can be sure they contain absolutely no other ingredients. Gelatinized yellow maca capsules are easy to take and allow for readily getting a precise serving size.
Gelatinized yellow maca chips
These chips are simply yellow maca roots that have been cut into small chunks and gelatinized. They are the closest thing to whole maca roots legally available outside of Peru. You can use them in recipes, add them to smoothies, make them into a “tea” and more.
Why choose us?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on educating people on maca root and maca related products. Our mission is to provide our customers with fresh, organic, high quality maca products from Peru at fair prices. Because of our single-minded dedication, we are able to provide the best selection of high quality maca products anywhere in person or on the internet. We also take pride in expert, friendly customer service. When you order with us you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers like we want to be treated. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Shop Gelatinized Yellow Maca Now
Enjoy the day!