Premium Gelatinized Red Maca
Premium Gelatinized Red Maca Additional Information
Premium gelatinized red maca is made from 100% red maca roots. This type of maca root product is pre-cooked to help activate some nutrients and remove starch content. The result is a nutrition packed maca that is easy to digest.
How is Premium Gelatinized Red Maca Different?
When compared to standard or sun-dried red maca, premium gelatinized red maca stands out in a couple of important ways. While both are made from 100% red maca roots, only premium maca is fresh processed immediately after harvest. After coming out of the ground maca roots are cleaned in a citrus solution, ground into a pulp and low temperature dried. This special processing leaves more glucosinolates in the final product. Glucosinolates are nutrients specific to cruciferous vegetables that have been associated with anti-cancer properties. After these roots are dried, they are then “gelatinized.” Gelatinization is a process in which maca is heated to high temperatures of about (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in maca root to dissolve. The result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to maca during the gelatinization process and that premium gelatinized red maca is entirely vegan.
Sun-dried vs. Premium Maca Overview
Our Premium Gelatinized Red Maca Root Is:
- Certified Organic
- Non GMO
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Fresh processed and packaged immediately
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of maca powder
- Comes from a modern approach to processing maca developed in the past 25 years
- Is fresh Processed - maca roots are dried in dehydrators immediately after harvest
- Has higher glucosinolate content - nutrients which may help prevent cancer
- Is much stronger tasting - has a more noticeable maca flavor with more spiciness
- Is limited in supply since it must be produced from fresh roots during annual harvest (June-August)
- Costs more as the process is more labor and equipment intensive
Is Premium Gelatinized Red Maca Right for You?
The advantages of using premium gelatinized red maca are:
- Easier digestion - because the starch is removed.
- More concentrated nutrients - the absence of starch means that gram for gram, gelatinized maca is more concentrated than raw maca
- Premium maca has higher glucosinolate content
The disadvantages of using it are:
- Loss of some nutrients including enzymes and Vitamin C due to the heat used in the gelatinization process
- A much spicier and more noticeable maca flavor that does not appeal to everyone
If you have a sensitive stomach or any other issue with digestion, then gelatinized red maca is a better choice for you than raw red maca. Go with the premium version of gelatinized red maca when you want the highest level of glucosinolate content possible.
How Red Maca Is Different Than Other Maca Colors
- Red maca powder has been shown, under phytonutrient analysis, to be higher in certain compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity.
- It has also been shown among all macas to contain somewhat higher levels of other phytonutrients including alkaloids, tannins, saponis and steroids.
- A study on red maca was published in the Journal Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2005; 3:5. In it 8 medical researchers report that over the course of 42 days: “Red maca but neither yellow nor black maca reduced significantly ventral prostate size in rats.“
- In 2010 researchers from the Universidad Peruana, Lima published a study on the effects of maca on bone structure in rats that had had their ovaries removed. The study concluded that both Red and Black Maca supported bone strength and density among the test subjects.
Based on this research and our experience we recommend Red Maca for:
- For men looking to use maca for prostate support
- For women's fertility and libido (We recommend black maca for male fertility)
- For bone density - most important for women and children
- For everyone wanting to experience the highest antioxidant and nutrient levels of all Maca powders
It Is Available In:
Premium gelatinized red maca root powder (3 sizes)
Enjoying maca in powder form is the least expensive and most versatile way to add maca to your diet. Our premium gelatinized red maca powder is very finely ground and mixes well into smoothies, drinks and other recipes. It has a rich taste and a darker color than premium raw maca. Note that the taste may be a bit stronger or spicier than standard maca powders.
Our maca capsules are made from vegetable cellulose and therefore 100% vegan. We fill our capsules in house and because of that we can be sure that they contain only 100% pure maca powder. We never use fillers, flow-agents or additives of any kind. Maca capsules are more expensive but they offer convenience and precision in serving size compared to maca powders.
Why choose us?
We are a small family run company with our entire focus on Maca. Our mission is to provide our customers with fresh, organic, and high quality maca products from Peru at fair prices. Our single-minded dedication drives us to provide the best selection of maca products anywhere. We also take pride in expert, friendly customer service. When you order with us you can count on fast shipping and full support with any issues or questions. The bottom line is that we use the products we sell and we treat our customers how we want to be treated.
Enjoy the day!