Gelatinized Premium Red Maca Root Powder, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO and Vegan
Our Gelatinized Premium Red Maca Root Powder is carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. It comes from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. The cooperative of farmers is committed both to organic farming and to producing only the highest quality Maca products.
Our Gelatinized Premium Red Maca powder is made from 100% Red Maca roots. What makes this Maca “premium” is the way in which it is processed. Instead of being sundried, Maca roots are fresh processed immediately after harvest. After coming out of the ground they are cleaned in a citrus solution, ground into a pulp and low temperature dried. This special processing leaves more glucosinolates in the final product.
Gelatinization is a process in which Maca is heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in Maca to irreversibly dissolve and the result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw Maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to Maca during the gelatinization process. Gelatinized Premium Red Maca:
- Comes from a modern approach to processing Maca developed in the past 25 years
- Is fresh Processed - Maca roots are dried in dehydrators immediately after harvest
- Has higher glucosinolate content - nutrients which may help prevent cancer
- Is Much stronger tasting - has a more noticeable Maca flavor with more spiciness
- Is limited in supply since it must be produced from fresh roots during annual harvest (June-August)
Best Used For:
Red Maca powder has been shown, under phytonutrient analysis, to be higher in certain compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity. We recommend it:
- For men looking to use Maca for prostate health support
- For women's fertility and libido (We recommend Black Maca for male fertility)
- For bone density support - most important for women and children
- For everyone wanting to experience the highest antioxidant and nutrient levels of all Maca powders
Please note that results may vary from person to person.
Compare all of our Maca powders here.
Maca keeps well for up to 24 months provided that it is stored in a sealed bag out of direct sunlight and at below 70% humidity. (More storage and use tips)
1-3 teaspoons mixed in water, juice or smoothies daily. (Complete serving guidelines).
We strive to offer the best deals possible on shipping and usually ship out USPS in North America. International orders ship out using USPS Global Priority Air Mail.
U.S .Delivery Times (est. 2-5 business days.)
All other countries – (est. 10-14 business days.)
You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order is shipped. (Complete shipping and return policy).
Save on Shipping when you order multiple products - shipping costs go up only slightly for each additional product.
Enjoy the day!
100% Red Maca Root Powder
8oz (227g) = 25 servings at 9g daily
1lb (454g) = 50 servings at 9g daily
2.2lb (1kg) = 111 servings at 9g daily
Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO and Vegan
Country of Origin
Container and Storage
Foil Lined, Double Sealed, 100% Opaque Resealable Bag. 24 month shelf life when kept out of direct light and in a sealed container.
Traditionally grown in the high Peruvian Andes. Low temperature dehydrated immediately after harvest, pre-cooked and processed and packaged on demand.
3-9 g daily, mixed in water, smoothies or other recipes