Gelatinized Premium Tri-Color Blend Maca Root Powder, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO and Vegan
Our Premium Gelatinized Tri-Color Blend Maca Root Powder is carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. It comes from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. The cooperative of farmers is committed both to organic farming and to producing only the highest quality Maca products.
Our Gelatinized Premium Tri-color Maca powder is made from about 40% Yellow, 30% Red and 30% Black Maca roots. We call it “Heritage Harvest” because the 3 color blend is the way that people in the Andes have traditionally eaten Maca. What makes this Maca “premium” is the way in which it is processed. Instead of being sundried, Maca roots are fresh processed immediately after harvest. After coming out of the ground they are cleaned in a citrus solution, ground into a pulp and low temperature dried. This special processing leaves more glucosinolates in the final product.
Gelatinization is a process in which Maca is heated to high temperatures (160F / 70C). The heat causes the starch molecules in Maca to irreversibly dissolve and the result is a powder that has had some of its nutrients compromised but is easier to digest than raw Maca. It’s important to note that nothing is added to Maca during the gelatinization process. Gelatinized Premium Heritage Harvest Maca:
- Comes from a modern approach to processing Maca developed in the past 25 years
- Is fresh Processed - Maca roots are dried in dehydrators immediately after harvest
- Has higher glucosinolate content - nutrients which may help prevent cancer
- Is Much stronger tasting - has a more noticeable Maca flavor with more spiciness
- Is limited in supply since it must be produced from fresh roots during annual harvest (June-August)
Several researchers have studied this type of 3 Color Maca blend and found that:
- Maca stimulates improved athletic performance, including stamina and strength
- Maca supports concentration, memory and overall brain function
- Maca is nutrient dense with 60% carbohydrates, 12 crucial minerals, 10 vitamins, over 40 fatty and amino acids and 4 unique glucosinolates – a true superfood.
- Maca has been used for over 2000 years as a nutritionally dense food to promote endurance, vitality, fertility and libido in populations living at very high elevations.
Best Used For:
Given the special handling and combination of Maca colors, Premium Maca Powder is in our opinion the best all-purpose Maca for both Men and Women. Please note that results may vary from person to person. Compare all of our Maca powders here.
Maca keeps well for up to 24 months provided that it is stored in a sealed bag out of direct sunlight and at below 70% humidity. (More storage and use tips)
1-3 teaspoons mixed in water, juice or smoothies daily. (Complete serving guidelines).
We strive to offer the best deals possible on shipping and usually ship out USPS in North America. International orders ship out using USPS Global Priority Air Mail.
U.S .Delivery Times (est. 2-5 business days.)
All other countries – (est. 10-14 business days.)
You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order is shipped. (Complete shipping and return policy).
Save on Shipping when you order multiple products - shipping costs go up only slightly for each additional product.
Enjoy the day!
40% Yellow, 30% Black and 30% Red Maca Root Powders
8oz (227g) = 25 servings at 9g daily
1lb (454g) = 50 servings at 9g daily
2.2lb (1kg) = 111 servings at 9g daily
Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO and Vegan
Country of Origin
Container and Storage
Foil Lined, Double Sealed, 100% Opaque Resealable Bag. 24 month shelf life when kept out of direct light and in a sealed container.
Traditionally grown in the high Peruvian Andes. Low temperature dehydrated immediately after harvest, pre-cooked and processed and packaged on demand.
3-9 g daily, mixed in water, smoothies or other recipes