Gelatinized Sundried Black Maca Root Chips, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, GMO-Free, Vegan and Raw 1 lb (454g)
1 lb = 50 Servings @ 3t (9g) daily.
Our Gelatinized Black Maca Root Chips are carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. They come from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. The cooperative of farmers is committed both to organic farming and to producing only the highest quality Maca products. Gelatinized Yellow Maca is made from Yellow Maca roots, which make up about 60% off the annual harvest in Peru. These roots are pre-cooked to remove starch content and ease digestion
- USDA Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Black Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca chips
- 1 lb foil lined, double sealed, food grade pouch contains 50 individual servings at 3 t (9g) each.
Our Maca Root Chips are the closest to whole Maca roots that can legally be exported from Peru. That’s because Maca is considered a “heritage product” of Peru and the Peruvian government does not allow whole roots to be exported to avoid them being planted in other countries. (Read more about why that’s important here)
Maca Root Chips are simply Maca roots cut into small chunks after being washed and dried. Our chips are pre-cooked (gelatinized) to ease digestion and to make them simpler to consume. Traditionally, dried Maca roots are boiled with water or milk and sugar to make a hearty porridge called Mazamorra. You can prepare Maca chips the same way or experiment with other ways of making them.
Preparation ideas for whole Maca root chips
- Simmer ½ cup of Macachips for about an hour and add to oatmeal or other warm breakfast cereal
- Simmer ½ cup of Maca chips for about an hour and add them to a smoothie
- Steep Maca chips in hot water for 10 minutes to make a tea – add sweetener as desired
- Try the traditional Mazamorra recipe – this makes for a hearty meal!
- 1 cup (130g) Maca chips
- 1 cup (130g) flour
- ¼ cup (32g) sugar
- 2 cups (250ml) milk
- Clove, cinnamon and/or anis to taste
- 4 cups (500 ml) water
- Preparation: Simmer the Maca chips in water along with spices until soft (about 1 hour), adding water if necessary. Add flour, sugar and milk and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy. Mazamorra may be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Best Used For:
Gelatinized Sundreid Black Maca is specifically indicated for male fertility and libido as well as for muscle building and endurance. Research conducted in Peru in 2009 indicated that Black Maca was the best of all Maca powders for increasing sperm count and motility. In addition, we've had several reports from both male and female athletes that Black Maca is a favorite for increasing muscle mass and physical performance. Please note that results may vary from person to person.
Compare all of our Maca powders here.
Maca keeps well for up to 24 months provided that it is stored in a sealed bag out of direct sunlight and at below 70% humidity. (More storage and use tips)
1-3 teaspoons mixed in water, juice or smoothies daily. (Complete serving guidelines).
We strive to offer the best deals possible on shipping and usually ship out USPS in North America. International orders ship out using USPS Global Priority Air Mail.
U.S .Delivery Times (est. 2-5 business days.)
All other countries – (est. 10-14 business days.)
You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order is shipped. (Complete shipping and return policy).
Save on Shipping when you order multiple products - shipping costs go up only slightly for each additional product Payment:
We accept the following payment methods:
- Major Credit Card – Visa/MC/Amex/Discover
- Debit Cards
- US Bank check and money order
Enjoy the day!