Gelatinized Sundried Red Maca Root Chips, Certified Organic, Fair Trade, GMO-Free, Vegan and Raw 1 lb (454g)
1 lb = 50 Servings @ 3t (9g) daily.
Our Gelatinized Red Maca Root Chips are carefully and consciously grown, processed and handled. They come from an organic farming cooperative in and around Junin, Peru. We work only with producers who own and manage their lands at a local grass roots level. The cooperative of farmers is committed both to organic farming and to producing only the highest quality Maca products. Gelatinized Yellow Maca is made from Yellow Maca roots, which make up about 60% off the annual harvest in Peru. These roots are pre-cooked to remove starch content and ease digestion
- USDA Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Fair Trade
- Grown traditionally with respect for the land - near Junin, Peru
- Sun dried, carefully processed and packaged immediately
- Made from 100% Red Maca roots
- 4:1 product – 4 KG of fresh roots to make 1 KG of Maca chips
- 1 lb foil lined, double sealed, food grade pouch contains 50 individual servings at 3 t (9g) each.
Our Maca Root Chips are the closest to whole Maca roots that can legally be exported from Peru. That’s because Maca is considered a “heritage product” of Peru and the Peruvian government does not allow whole roots to be exported to avoid them being planted in other countries. (Read more about why that’s important here)
Maca Root Chips are simply Maca roots cut into small chunks after being washed and dried. Our chips are pre-cooked (gelatinized) to ease digestion and to make them simpler to consume. Traditionally, dried Maca roots are boiled with water or milk and sugar to make a hearty porridge called Mazamorra. You can prepare Maca chips the same way or experiment with other ways of making them.
Preparation ideas for whole Maca root chips
- Simmer ½ cup of Macachips for about an hour and add to oatmeal or other warm breakfast cereal
- Simmer ½ cup of Maca chips for about an hour and add them to a smoothie
- Steep Maca chips in hot water for 10 minutes to make a tea – add sweetener as desired
- Try the traditional Mazamorra recipe – this makes for a hearty meal!
- 1 cup (130g) Maca chips
- 1 cup (130g) flour
- ¼ cup (32g) sugar
- 2 cups (250ml) milk
- Clove, cinnamon and/or anis to taste
- 4 cups (500 ml) water
- Preparation: Simmer the Maca chips in water along with spices until soft (about 1 hour), adding water if necessary. Add flour, sugar and milk and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy. Mazamorra may be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Best Used For:
Our Gelatinized Sundried Red Maca is higher in phytonutrients than our other Maca products, and acts as a natural hormone health and balance support. Some research has also indicated that Red Maca has an exceptionally positive effect on women's fertility and hormone balance and on men's prostate health. Please note that results may vary from person to person.
Compare all of our Maca powders here.
Maca keeps well for up to 24 months provided that it is stored in a sealed bag out of direct sunlight and at below 70% humidity. (More storage and use tips)
1-3 teaspoons mixed in water, juice or smoothies daily. (Complete serving guidelines).
We strive to offer the best deals possible on shipping and usually ship out USPS in North America. International orders ship out using USPS Global Priority Air Mail.
U.S .Delivery Times (est. 2-5 business days.)
All other countries – (est. 10-14 business days.)
You will receive a tracking number as soon as your order is shipped. (Complete shipping and return policy).
Save on Shipping when you order multiple products - shipping costs go up only slightly for each additional product Payment:
We accept the following payment methods:
- Major Credit Card – Visa/MC/Amex/Discover
- Debit Cards
- US Bank check and money order
Enjoy the day!
1lb (454g) = 50 servings at 9g daily
Certified Organic, Fair Trade, Non-GMO and Vegan
Country of Origin
Container and Storage
Foil Lined, Double Sealed, 100% Opaque Resealable Bag. 24 month shelf life when kept out of direct light and in a sealed container.
Traditionally grown in the high Peruvian Andes. Sundried after harvest, pre-cooked and processed and packaged on demand.
3-9 g daily, mixed in water, smoothies or other recipes