This recipe is by Annie Olivero and originally appears on the One Green Planet website. It is dairy free, oil free and vegan!
- 1 9 1/2-inch whole wheat or gluten-free baked pie shell (or your favorite raw crust)
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked for a few hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. maca powder
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla-flavored stevia liquid
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- pinch allspice
- Whipped coconut cream, for topping, optional
In a small bowl combine the toasted coconut and the crystallized ginger. Set aside. Put the cashews, pumpkin puree, coconut butter, water, non-dairy milk, maca powder, ginger, stevia, and spices in a high-speed blender and process until very smooth. Scrape about half of the cashew-pumpkin mixture into the pie crust and smooth. Sprinkle the toasted coconut/ginger over top and carefully add the remaining cashew-pumpkin mixture over top. Spread until even and smooth. Chill for several hours or until firm. Cut into slices and serve with whipped coconut cream.
We hope that you've enjoyed this recipe. Please see our main Maca Recipes page for more inspiration. And if you have a recipe of your own to share let us know.