Fermented Maca Drink Recipe - Chicha De Maca
Chicha is a drink that people have made in the Andes for 1000s of years. It can be fermented or non-fermented. This Chicha drink recipe is for a fermented version that will yield a drink that contains 1%-3% alcohol. It is possible to consume this beverage immediately after making it too.
- 1/2 cup purple corn flour
- 1 cup Maca chips (or 1/2 cup Maca powder)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 10 Cloves
- 1.5 Gallons of Water
- In a large pot, boil the cornstarch, Maca, Quinoa, Cinnamon and Cloves over the course for about 2 hours.
- Allow the mixture cool, strain and place in a large container. Add sugar.
- Allow to ferment for 2-6 days.
- Serve cold.