If you love hummus as much as we do, you have likely experimented with a bunch of different recipes over the years, but have you ever tried Maca hummus? Adding maca to hummus not only adds an enjoyable earthy flavor to this tasty dip but also boosts its nutritional value quite a bit as well. It’s also extremely easy to make if you follow the simple maca recipe we have featured below. You can simply stir some of our organic maca powder into your favorite store-bought hummus, but if you have more time, you might enjoy trying this homemade recipe that we have adapted from Julie's at The Simple Veganista.
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)(15 0z), drained and rinsed or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup water (+ 2 tablespoons as needed)
- 1 small garlic clove or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1 or 2 lemons, to taste
- 2 t Maca powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt, or to taste
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until desired consistency. Taste for flavor adding anything here and there that you like….garlic, lemon, salt, cumin. Depending on the size of your lemons or how many you used, you may like to add the extra 2 tablespoons of water for slightly thinner consistency. Serve with toppings of choice or plain. Garnishes here are chickpeas, pine nuts, chopped parsley and a dash of smoked paprika.