Maca Coconut Macaroons Recipe
A big thanks to Katie Wellness Mama for writing and sharing this healthy coconut macaroons recipe with us!
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut flakes (I use these from Tropical Traditions)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of Maca Powder (This is my favorite)
- Whisk the egg whites with a dash (1/4 tsp) salt until stiff.
- Add honey, vanilla, coconut, melted coconut oil and Maca.
- Carefully fold into egg whites.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the coconut can soak up the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently spoon in 1 tablespoon scoops on to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake maca macaroons for 8-12 minutes until just starting to brown.