Vegan Maca Pancakes Recipe
Maca powder is technically classified as a flour. And since it's so fine it is a natural fit to easily combine with the flour used for making pancakes. We regularly mix Maca into our pancakes to give them that little extra boost. This is one of our favorite vegan Maca pancake recipes. This recipe is modified from Kristina's original at Spa Bettie.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 3/4 c spelt or buckwheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 T maca powder
- Combine banana, vanilla and milk in high speed blender, blend on highest speed to a smooth liquid.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and maca.
- Pour banana milk into dry ingredients, whisk until just combined.
- Using 1/4 cup scoop, form pancakes onto prepared (buttered, sprayed) griddle over low heat. Pancakes will not bubble, will easily come up to turn after about one minute. Flip and cook another half minute or so, until cooked through.
- Serve with sliced banana and maple syrup.