Sourdough Blueberry Maca Muffins
A big thanks to Paula Miller from Whole Intentions for writing and sharing this recipe with us!
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cup homemade yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup rapadura
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons red maca (can use other varieties/colors)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- stevia to taste
- Combine sourdough starter, yogurt, coconut oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour, oatmeal, rapadura, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, red maca, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and let sit in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When you're ready to bake, take the muffin dough out of the fridge and let come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin pans with coconut oil.
- Mix in the baking soda, frozen blueberries, and stevia.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for about five minutes, then remove carefully from muffin pan and let cool on a cooling rack.