Maca Coconut Whip Strawberry Sundae
A big thanks to Elenore of Earthsprout for this amazing recipe and photos
Makes 1-2 servings
Strawberry Chia Layer
- 2 handfuls fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I used white chia seeds because I wanted them to just look like strawberry seeds but you can use whichever color) Rinse and pick through strawberries and add to a bowl along with the chia seeds.
Blend with a hand blender until smooth. Let sit for at least 10 minutes (or overnight) Add to a bowl/glass.
Java Shake Layer
- 1/2 cup water + 1 cup for soaking
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen in pieces
- 1/4 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp carob powder
- 1.5 tsp raw or roasted cacao powder, unsweetened
- 4-6 cardamom seeds or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp pure ground vanilla
- 1 date, pitted (optional)
Add sesame seeds to the 1 cup of water and let soak for at least 3 hours or overnight. Rinse thoroughly and add to a blender (preferably a high-speed blender). You can skip this step but soaking will be better health-wise. If you skip soaking, then rinse the sesame seeds very thoroughly in warm water before using. Add all other ingredient to the blender and blend away until thick and silky smooth. Add to the bowl/glass of strawberry chia mix.
- 1+ tsp cacao nibs
- 3+ fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp whipped coconut cream
To make coconut whip: 1 can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight, solid top layer scooped out. Blend half of the solid layer with 1/2 tsp honey or maple syrup and a touch of pure ground vanilla using a hand blender or a hand wisk until soft.