Warm Winter Maca Smoothie Recipe
Looking for a great way to get energized this winter? Try this amazing warm winter superfood smoothie recipe that we received courtesy of Cindy Santa Ana at Unlock Better Health.
- 1 1/2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (I like cashew butter)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Raw Cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, or several drops of liquid Stevia
- Splash of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of ginger, nutmeg, turmeric, cardamom, sea saltc cacao powder
Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan and warm over low heat. You don’t want it to come to a bubble because high heat destroys the nutritional properties of the honey and cacao. Gently stir to combine everything. Then, pour into a blender and whip till frothy. Pour into a mug, sprinkle with cinnamon or extra chia seeds and enjoy on a cold day!