Maca and Heartburn
Question: Anyone know how to take MACA without getting heartburn?
I have started taking MACA , and it seems I cannot take it without getting heartburn or a burning throat….I only take about 1 cap or less and I still get acid problems. Anyone out there ever had these problems and found a solution? I’m a long time user of Maca and I have had similar issues with certain types of Maca.
As long time users of Maca Powder ourselves and as sellers we’ve seen that it’s really rare for people to have heartburn from Maca. But it does sometimes happen. Here are our top tips for avoiding acid reflux when using maca.
- For some people Raw Maca powder is too strong to digest. If you also get upset stomach gel-angle.jpgon Maca, then you really should try Gelatinized Maca. It’s had the starch content removed which makes it much easier to digest.
- Make sure you are getting high quality Certified Organic Maca and Fresh – that’s a big help. Some Maca powders have chemical fertilizer residues and have sat around too long before being used.
- Try our Red Maca since it’s the sweetest and most palatable. Some people who have had trouble with other Maca powders do just fine with Red Maca.
- Try taking Maca with yogurt, avocado or milk or another fatty food – this often helps ease the stomach.
- Make sure to keep your dosages small (less than a teaspoon at once)
- Avoid taking Maca with any kind of fruit – this makes the heartburn worse.
- If all else fails, try taking your Maca in combination with digestive enzymes. You can get them at your health food store.
Check out some of our amazing Maca Recipes for inspriation.
Remember that Maca is part of the mustard family and is by nature a bit spicy. But if you’re using a good quality product with some fatty food, you should be able to enjoy it without having digestive issues. Let us know if we can help in any other way.
Enjoy the day!